Donations to the HER Shelter like clothing, toys, small household goods etc are so important to our organization. Your donations do a couple of important things,
- When a family comes into shelter with almost nothing, they can "shop" through the donations to get things to meet their immediate needs.
- When a familly is ready to move into their own apartment, they can once again " shop" to get the things they need to set up housekeeping.
- Your donations also help us apply for certain grants that provide matching funds so your donation does double duty, it provides much needed items to our clients as well as funds to operate the shelter.
If you have items you have collected since we have been unable to accept them, please join us for the HER Shelter Spring Cleaning Donation Blitz
- During the week of June 22-27, bring your items to Central Baptist Church. We will have volunteers who will help unload your car and issue a tax receipt.
- Shelter and community clients will "shop" and pick out everything they need to meet their current and future needs.
- The Shelter will save items that we believe will be usefull for incoming clients
- Everything else, we will sell at a yardsale on Saturday, June 27th to raise much needed funds for the HER Shelter.
If you have any questions or need help with a pick up, please call our office at 757-485-1445 or send us an email here