Why become a member of The BAND OF PURPLE?
85% of Domestic Violence Victims are women
92% of young girls who witness domestic violence as a child will experience abuse as an adult.
33% of Virginia homicides are due to domestic violence.
35.6% of women in the US have experienced rape, physical violence and /or stalking by a partner.
28% of America's families in 2018 were homeless because of domestic abuse.
20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the US.
How do I become a member of The BAND OF PURPLE?
- Raise $1500 from friends and neighbors through phone calls or letters.
- Employ peer to peer fundraising to ask family, friends, and coworkers to contribute.
- Write your own check for $1500
- Host a small reception at your home or office to raise funds (i.e. 20 guests x $75 = $1500
A Band of purple member receives the following:
- Introduction on stage at the Gala
- Two tickets to the Gala on April 4, 2020
- Four drink tickets at the Gala
- Purple tie and pocket square to be worn at the Gala for distinction
- Name listed on Band of Purple board at the Gala
- Name listed in the program at the Gala
- Name listed ion the website
- Valet parking pass at the Gala
- One social media shout out
- 5x7 photo of the Band of Purple 2020 Membership
If you would like to join The Band of Purple, please contact Deborah via phone at 757-485-1445, via email here or by completing the form below.